To easily understand everything about Freemasonry
|ORDER NOW: THE 1ST BOOK THAT SERIOUSLY PREPARES CANDIDATES TO BECOME FREEMASONS |
- At last a book which gives clear answers to all your questions on Freemasonry.
- 292 pages of useful Questions and Answers, to help you prepare a well-structured application.
- List of Masonic Obediences to contact.
- Sayings and Don'ts. MUST READ.
Delivered in 48 hours / Satisfied or refunded ORDER NOW Price: € 15.81
How To Approach Your Desired Lodge?
There are two main methods. The best choice for you is the one that corresponds to your personality.
1. A sponsor: you have an acquaintance who can present you to the Lodge and support your candidature. This solution is the best because it already gives you credit with the Sisters and Brothers of the Lodge. Without expecting any kind of special privilege, it is always preferable to be co-opted. But this also has its drawback. Imagine that during your first interview which your friend has set up with the Worshipful Master of the Lodge, his answers to your questions do not correspond to your expectations. You are then obliged to let down your sponsor. If you are able do this, it will be a lesser evil because the worst thing for you would be to reluctantly enter the Lodge and then regret your choice.
We have met candidates who, in order to avoid any risk of disappointment, do not tell their Mason friend that they have applied, and take their chances. There is not really a best solution and it is up to everyone to choose what they think is best for them.
2. The individual approach: before the Internet, we would have taken the Yellow Pages and looked up the section "religious and philosophical associations", then sent our handwritten letter prepared with much care to the Grand Lodge that appealed to us. Then we would have waited two or three months for the letter to follow the usual administrative circuit. Nowadays, everything goes much faster; we check out the website of the Obedience directly and fill out the form provided. We live in times when things are treated more quickly and we can count on being contacted rapidly. The few months which were needed in the last century have now been reduced to a few weeks, sometimes only a few days. There is a preliminary interview which is carried out fairly rapidly and then your request follows its course.
Another point needs to be taken into account: the multiplication of Masonic Obediences. In France, something like two new Grand Lodges are created every month. However, almost as many close in the same time. When we say an Obedience is “created”, it is quite often by a simple Freemason who decides with some Brothers and Sisters that he wants to become a Grand Commander. We have already come across Obediences which have a “Grand Vizier” at the head of an organisation with less than twenty members. In some cases, this scam goes so far as to recycle the same names in several lodges, just to artificially increase the number of members. We have all heard of bogus jobs created in certain city halls, but there are also charlatans in Freemasonry, who create fictitious Masons. The best and the worst also exist in Freemasonry.
 List of Grand Lodges in the world https://tinyurl.com/GrandLodgesintheworld